Times of Pakistan

Stone-cutting operations suspended over SOPs violations

1 day ago 6
ARTICLE AD BOX

APP - Associated Press Of Pakistan Published May 19, 2026 | 01:10 PM

Stone-cutting operations suspended over SOPs violations

SARGODHA, (APP - UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - 19th May, 2026) The Mines and Minerals Department on Tuesday suspended stone-cutting operations at multiple hazardous sites in the hilly areas of Sillanwali tehsil after serious violations of safety protocols were detected.

According to a spokesperson,Inspector of Mines Sargodha Mian Muhammad Afzal told media that,under the Mines Act 1923,all mining activities had been halted at Blocks 13, 16, 4A and 4B located in Chak No 126-SB, along with Block7 in Chak No 123-SB.

He said the decision was taken after inspections revealed inadequate safety arrangements that posed grave risks to laborers working at the sites.

Afzal,accompanied by Junior Inspector of Mines Syed Waseem visited several mining points where leaseholders were found ignoring mandatory safety measures and operational SOPs.

<?php /*?> <?php */?>

He warned that permission to resume operations would only be granted once all safety requirements were fully implemented and workers’ protection ensured.

The inspector further directed leaseholders to strictly comply with mine safety laws in order to provide a secure environment for workers.

Meanwhile,FIRs were registered against leaseholders Sarmad Cheema and Ziaullah over violations of standard operating procedures.

The crackdown comes in the wake of recent incidents in which four mine workers lost their lives allegedly due to the absence of proper safety arrangements.

Read Entire Article