Times of Pakistan

No fresh recruitment planned for Islamabad jail, staff to be deployed from existing departments: NA told

2 days ago 3
ARTICLE AD BOX

Minister of State for Interior and Narcotics Control Talal Chaudhry on Monday informed the National Assembly that the government is not planning any fresh recruitment for the Islamabad jail and will instead utilize existing personnel from various departments

ISLAMABAD, (APP - UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - 18th May, 2026) Minister of State for Interior and Narcotics Control Talal Chaudhry on Monday informed the National Assembly that the government is not planning any fresh recruitment for the Islamabad jail and will instead utilize existing personnel from various departments.

Responding to questions during Question Hour, the minister said the government had initially considered hiring new staff for the jail; however, it was later decided to deploy personnel from existing institutions, particularly Punjab and Federal departments.

He informed the House that around 133 personnel would be taken from different provinces, especially Punjab, while 170 officials from the Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) Police and 58 employees from the Capital Development Authority (CDA), including health and other staff, would perform duties at the jail.

Talal Chaudhry said no separate department was being created for the jail, as it could lead to administrative complications and the formation of vested groups that would be difficult to transfer or reorganize in the future.

<?php /*?> <?php */?>

He said the government intended to manage operations through available manpower from police and other departments.

Replying to a supplementary question, the minister said the federal government fully implemented quota policies in all recruitments, while provinces were also encouraged to ensure fair implementation of quotas.

During discussion on another question, he clarified that NADRA was not generating profit from the issuance of succession certificates and related services.

He informed the House that NADRA only recovers operational costs and does not generate profit from such services.

The minister said fees for succession certificates had been fixed in consultation with provincial governments under relevant provincial legislation.

He added that in cases where objections arise or matters are referred to courts, most amounts are refunded to applicants after deduction of only processing charges.

APP/tsw-sra

Read Entire Article